Sunday, October 25, 2015

Destiny to smile with a hope of easy rest

Destined to smile is my hope
But faded looks my journey to the goal
Pruned were my studies
And unlearned was my mark
Still my childhood was graceful with my younger siblings
Enjoyed I, playing and staying with them
Cooked for them and smiled when they relished
Married to one at an early age
And embodied him and his wishes
Destined were my duties to serve him
And I did religiously
Winters and summers passed
Stabs gained I from my lord
Silence was a medicine which I swallowed
But bitterness continued…..
But destined to smile was my hope
I gained a price of isolation from my spouse
With three children following me
Thought times to end my breath with venom
But cries of my kids resisted me
Money was the world and agony was to my credit
Begged my siblings but returned with stabs
My wounds were peppered with more words
And my weep prolonged
Aimed to slog I, with harshness around
Found none to share nor care
Wept I whined I but in vain
But still destined to smile was my hope
Fasted I and gave bread to my children
Hoped to see a smile in them
And they laughed at me when I turned grey
Kicked was I from one goal to other
Rubbing plates and accolade with cursing words added to my credit
Tears and fears peaked in me and lost in lanes stay I
And now have reached a destiny to smile with a hope of easy rest ……

No comments:

Post a Comment