Sunday, October 25, 2015

I walked with pride to hold the mike

All friends then pushed me with words of strength to speak
This happened when I was to give a speech on a felicitation day
I walked with pride to hold the mike
On the podium I stood,
With thousands of eyeballs blinking at me..
Froze I and tongue went void of words
With my unpreparedness on this occasion
Yet to cover my shame I spurted few words
And the outcome was laughter bursting out
In all corners of the hall as I designed my words
Which hardly made any sense even to me
On the way back home,
With memories of recent mockery
I promised to self that I shall address
And I shall get claps of fame
Days flew, months went
Graduations happened, I walked in corporates
My fear was to face the crowd
To speak a few words on the spot
Honed my skills wrote I my way
In my language with prudence on synonyms
I designed my speeches with a colloquial tinge
To attract eyeballs and capture more ears
Than yawning bored audience
I built rebuilt and reframed statements
Rehearsed twice thrice and again just
With memories of past mockery
I promised to self that I shall address
And I shall get claps of fame
Today I stand as a chosen one
Chosen one to address the crowd
Crowd of 4000 eyeballs all in suits
In their cherry blossom painted shoes
To address and welcome the head of the company
With elegance I quoted and my words
Went straight to audience as messages of importance
All colleagues had pushed me with words of strength to speak
I walked with pride to hold the mike
And this day with pride I essayed and kept my promise…

No comments:

Post a Comment