Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Short term memory..

Short term memory ..oops imagine how a person survives wid this.ThankFul to the divine n pray nothing of dat sort ever happen to anyone.I had heard stuffs on amnesia initially but never had given my botherance to actually rack my brains n gain some knowledge on this subject.Last tuesday I saw Ghajini n I saw Aamir Khan suffering from Anterograde amnesia.That was when i thought lemme research on the subject.Just imagine i quote a few words now to u n after say 15mints. i hardly forget to recognise u.I have a cup of coffee n few cookies with u,n next day u are a total stranger to me.I have forgotten my spouse fail to recognize my cousins wid whom i played in my past are instances of retrograde amnesia...
Amnesia is a vast subject to discuss on.varied types of amnesia are there mainly anterograde,retrograde n blend of both.
Anterograde amnesia is the one which Aamir suffers or Suriya suffers in Ghajini.ie the memory lasts for a span of minutes.Reason can be n injury to damage the hippocampus - a part in the brain which stores the information.the world knos dat the brain is a storehouse which can hold information,details etc. etc. for many years.How a human of 90years remembers his past his childhood days,may be few instances or incidents but surely he remembers..Brain is a super computer.
Retrograde amnesia is something like after the accident the victim sees the world for teh first time.entire past is flushed out from the victim's mind.Imagine a lady with Retrograde amnesia forgets her child,behaves like a stranger to her own hubby,doesnt kno wat her interests were prior to the injury n stuffs.
Guess further research on the subject wud brighten the info on this subject.Lemme research on the same.i welcome the info on this subject from the readers also....

No comments:

Post a Comment