Sunday, September 25, 2011

To catch a train in Mumbai


 Flood of population stormed
The area but again diluted in seconds
Eyelids fluttered and all seemed normal
Standstill I stood in the platform of Mumbai
And different colors of populace rushed helter-skelter
Soaked in the perspiration and filled with energies hopped each one
Clocks rushed presumed I as the speed revealed the spirits in them
 Village guy I, felt misplaced to digest the length of tall towers
Read the colors, taste the city culture
Came I from a land of peace to this noisy air
To quench the thirst of my pockets

Pushed and pulled was I in the over pouring trains
And learnt I the skill of management of life here
Life is tough to rise before sun and see only the black ceiling
But kids and matured slog and earn a living
Fast surely to fasten the person to earn, learn and gain
Now I flip my days of entrance here
And laugh at my imprudence of place
Met men and ladies of all age sectors
Labored for them and gained a self in same Mumbai
Still get in I in the swarmed trains with fun and vigor
Struggled in many fights and failures but skilled became me
Knowledgeable now am I and stand now still to catch a train in Mumbai

No comments:

Post a Comment